Thursday 3 October 2013

Beautiful cakes

This is where I show my true nature.... I have ordered four cakes and should wait for all four to share them with you BUT I am so excited by the first three that I can't wait.

I saw the work of Suzy Riley (Life of Riley) at Miniatura and having seen her chocolate cake with tiny roses and piping I thought she'd be the lady to make my cakes for me..... bit of a chat and I then emailed her some classic French cake pictures and the size I needed to fit on my dishes. This is what she has made for me so far..........


a 2cm diameter Flourless Chocolate Cake



a 2cm diameter Chocolate Curl Cake


incredible 1.5 x 1 cm L'Opera cake

How anyone can make such chocolaty looking chocolate - texture, colour, shine and. even more astonishing, pipe scrolls and words at that scale I can't begin to imagine.  You should see my full size real life attempts!!

I have a 'heart' themed cake for the Valentine chocolaterie window still to be made.... it's like waiting for Christmas!!

Click here: Life of Riley to visit her site.  Nearly forgot - her lace is glorious too and she does 1/24th so I know where I shall be shopping for Muir House.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.