Friday 30 August 2013

Free Gift


This is last month's free gift from Dolls House & Miniature Scene magazine - a pick-up pencil.  Utterly great - how have I ever managed without one.  Seriously.  Have you ever tried to separate these fiddly metallic confetti-type things let alone (wo)man-handle them into place on a project.  Et voilĂ ! ....a pick up pencil.  As you can see looks like an ordinary coloured pencil and sharpens in the same way but it has a bit of a tacky 'lead'.  Exactly the right amount of tacky - it picks up and releases just as you want it to.  I suppose when it gets grubby you just sharpen in.  I will be distraught when it becomes a stub - I hope it sees me out.

5 comments:

  1. What an interesting tool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, if you see one - get one, recommend it.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Em! I looks like this could be the greatest invention since sliced bread!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it, but looks really interesting! Will check my local store when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I promise you it really works much better than tweezers for this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.