Tuesday 16 April 2013

Brick by brick

stopped counting at three thousand
 Only three thousand and fifty bits of card to stick on then?

Here is one of my favourite things - you can keep the whiskers on kittens - Richard Stacey versi-slips are for me.  I used them on Bentleys and think they look terrific. 

I am sure the actual brick slips would be even better but (a) they are beyond my pocket money and (b) they will increase the weight of the house.

I also like the Bromley mesh and the  mix-it type of finish but I just don't feel confident about doing the processes involved super successfully.


great colour and texture
As you can see from this photo their versi-bricks are two-sided, so you can choose spanking new or a weathered finish on the tiles and have a mix of tones for the bricks .

As I had red bricks and slate roof for a near Birmingham establishment last time I thought I would have a change and have yellow/buff bricks and red tile for a sort of country village look.  Not sure yet as to where the village is.  I have the fictitious name of Honeychurch (in memory of the shop I didn't do!) and sounding like Honeybourne which is in Worcestershire.  There is a real Honeychurch but it is a tiddly parish in Devon so, hopefully, I can only offend a handful of people.

I am itching to get on with it, but I still have to finish stripping the original building and priming it and working out what to do when.

Stacey's service is excellent - fast delivery and loads of help if you need it.  I would recommend you buy their catalogue and sample box if you are considering extensive work.  It is always good to see and handle the goods before deciding.  The samples also give you inspiration for stuff you hadn't thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.