Monday 4 February 2013

More little treasures

 I am so thrilled with these.  Seven little boxes of cookies.  They are so brilliantly in scale.

 They didn't seem particularly cheap at $15 (for the seven), but when you consider the work involved they really are. 


My original theory was that I would buy them and undo one of them and photocopy it several times or make a template from it to cut out loads from other papers.  I could then fill them with Easter eggs.  They look like the standard Easter egg box with a cellophane 'window' and an added flourish on top.  

Heavens to Betsy - not a chance.  They are constructed exactly like proper boxes that work this way.  They have folded over and glued bases and the tops have slits and interlock but they are sooooooo tiny I haven't a hope of constructing them.  They are also filled with beautiful and realistic iced cookies.  I just love them.  I found them on an EBay shop (Thailand?).  I have since ordered the unassembled set (half the price) so I can have them in the shop waiting to be made up......  by Vianne,  not me!


These next two photos show $20 worth of bits and bats from Nancy's - my local doll's house shop.  I had a credit note for something I bought and took back, so I thought I would pop in and spend it on quarter scale - another story!

Unfortunately she doesn't have quarter scale (she does have half scale) so I just meandered around picking up a miscellany of (reduced) things I fancied. They all turned out to be things for Chocolat

The jars will be on a sweetie shelf somewhere.  The rabbit with sweets is great for the Easter sales setting and the lovely little copper pan is the one on a ring (in the movie) ready for making hot chocolate.  I may have to fill it with hot chocolate (Fimo?) before it goes in place.

The cups and plates are for stacking on a shelf ready to go.  I am not keen on plastic but hope they will look OK when painted.  One issue I have with plastic things is they don't look as though they have any weight in them and don't therefore seem to 'sit' realistically in a project - maybe these will change my mind.

These photos will be added to Chocolat - Purchases web album

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's nice to buy things just because you like them and so what if they're a tad expensive. The little boxes are perfect for Chocolat.

    I have the plastic cups etc. in my Tearooms and for stacking purposes and to bulk up a shelf they're ideal. They look ok from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right. My grudging spending a lot on things isn't that I have a problem with the 'what the heck' theory, it is just that I want so many things so I am perpetually trying to spread the money thinly. Right now I am craving a pair of knitting needles from David Krupick -$8 - not a fortune and they are beautiful but the sensible side of the brain says - only you cold care that knitting pins are beautiful and you NEED other stuff. I think I just have to exercise my Calvinistic guilt whatever I do! As I love your stuff I am really pleased to hear the stacking plastic looks fine. Do they need painting?

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.