Monday 23 July 2012

Bonjour Chocolat!


Say hello to my new baby - Chocolat.

This was an EBay purchase for sixty pounds which we have just picked up today from Nottingham. 

This will be my Summer 2013 project, so there won't be very much being added here/there until then.


As the Blog header says it is (probably) going to be a French Chocolaterie inspired by the book and the movie Chocolat.

O'Rourke's owner very kindly gave me the stables which goes with this shop.  I can't use it alongside the shop which is what it is designed for because it makes the building too wide to find in a space in my tiddly home.  With a half a day's thought on what should I do with it I think it will be a beach cottage .... think New England/Laura Ashley/Ikea - now there's a muddle to sort out.

4 comments:

  1. I've got O'Rourkes as well, have made it into an Edwardian tea room called Lottie's Tea Room. You can see photos on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just signed up for an email notification for your Blog. I have seen it before but I tend to wander round a zillion and then lose track, so I am glad to have found it again. Your tea room is so pretty. My original Chocolat-the-movie plan is diminishing - it is melding into chocolaterie/patisserie/cafe - so it will stay French and set in the sixties but it will evolve a little. I think O-Rourkes is a lovely kit - just that bit more unusual. What did you do with the outside toilet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just left it as the original toilet.

      Delete
    2. ....sorry about the delay in answering - just got back from a week away. Think I I'll do the same ... I am sure very small town France in 1960 would be fine with an outside toilet - just lucky they had one at all!
      M.

      Delete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.