Wednesday 25 July 2012

Already gathering stuff




Strictly speaking this is my 2013 project. How crazy is that? That said it won't be possible to not buy things which I know will be useful when I see them. In that vein here are the first items for Chocolat.




The hot glue gun is pretty much for everything not just Chocolat but the Fimo and moulds are to make chocolates. It would cost an arm and a leg to buy them ready made in the amount I need to fill a chocolate shop so I have got to have a go at making them. If I fail the moulds can be sold on and I will only be down the price of two packets of Fimo so, not a big deal.







These are three E-Bay buys particularly for this project. The Egyptian figure is just going to have to pretend to be a Mayan. I bet if I paint his skirt he'll look less Egyptian(?)

He will be the equivalent of the cigar store Indian in my shop and will be a major piece of display somewhere. I don't think I mentioned the shop will be called Chocolaterie Maya.




The scales are so pretty and they actually work. They are a little oversized for the scales being used in the shop, but they will look absolutely lovely in the centre of the (sexy grown-up) window display. I am thinking I might fill the pans with (1/12th) cocoa beans and cocoa nibs or powder. I haven't figured out how that will happen just yet.




As I have two shop windows in Maya, the other window will be more child friendly and have an Easter/Spring display, hence the silver rabbits.




.... and so it begins .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.